Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Bring on the Drama!

One of my passions other than teaching, writing, and drawing is DRAMA!


My definition of drama is adults getting to “play pretend”.  It sound so much more grown up that way, but when you think about it, it is the exact same thing.

h



And some lucky people get to do this for a living! That has to be so much fun.  One day your one person, the next you are someone else. 

 Unfortunately, some of those people get so good at acting that it spills into their home life.  They have to constantly be “putting on a show”.  Even that would be ok if it weren’t an episode of “What NOT to do”. 

I do understand that living in a fish bowl can be very difficult, but aren’t we all in fish bowls?  I mean the size, shape and audience may be different but they are fish bowls nonetheless.  “I am an island”, you say. Well, whether you believe it or not somebody somewhere is watching.  No, you don’t have to be perfect and no, you can’t live your life always worried about what other people think.   However, keep in mind that you are an example.   You get to decide what kind of example you are.


Be careful around “pot-stirrers”.  You know who I am talking about. Some people LOVE to make an OCEAN out of a single drop of rain!  As much as I love the acting drama, the other drama is a bit much!   Some adults act as if they are still in grade school! Find something else to talk about. 



Our small town even has its own acting group. It is called C.A.S.T. which stands for Callahan Area Show Theatre.   A friend of mine and I went to their recent dinner theatre entitled “Murder in the Air”.   The cast members seemed to have a great time together.  The audience got to participate in the “Whodunit?”   We were served salad and spaghetti with a dessert of cookies or lemon pound cake.   I think our writing group should volunteer some pieces for the group to act out.  I also think some of our members would make great actors! 


.
So my challenge to you, my fellow writers is to write a skit or any drama script.




Have a wonderful week and remember…All of the world is a stage, so put on a good show!


~Lisa M. Crosby

No comments:

Post a Comment