Monday, February 11, 2013

"The Sleeping King" by Robert Oxfurth

The Sleeping King

Wake, O Sleeping King, know ye not that the hour be late?
 
But what thou says, awake I am! The sleepless king is more fitting for me.

Nay, oh slave of Hypnos, asleep thou stay! Though I try to roost.
In a darkness deep within is where thou slumbers, O Leader of Men.
Thou was once a great warrior of the field, a regal fighter upon a hill.
Until into a pit thou fell, and a dreamless rest began its spell.

How dare thou speaks to me this way? Thy ask as ye is gripped with rage.
A king I be! Thou should honor me! Ye scream, trying to instill fear in me.

What right have thee to wear that crown so proudly upon thy brow?

By right of my name! You reply so vain, as if the answer should be plain.
 
Wrong again, O Royal One! ‘Tis nothing thou hast done!
Thy claim comes from another’s blood, one more noble than any of us!
Gabriel Whitewolf 



Copyright 2013

1 comment: