Friday, June 20, 2014

Summer Writing Goals




Friday, June 20, 2014

Summer Writing Goals

I set summer writing goals. 

In some ways, summer is busier than the school year for me. It’s also more flexible. I’m able to beg, borrow and steal time from various tasks (like laundry) and add to others. For example, most summer days I find time to write in the morning and the afternoon. I also find myself writing in places I don’t during the school year.

This summer, I have three writing goals:

1.       June goal – submit a piece of writing to a publication
2.       July goal – enter a writing contest
3.       August goal – write, record and edit a podcast

Links of interest

What about you? Have you set summer writing goals? If so, what are they? If not, do you think you will before the end of the season?

You may be interested in the following links: 

1.       Jacksonville Public Library/Jacksonville Zoo Poetry Contest
Deadline: July 15

2.       Poets & Writers Database of Contests, Grants and Awards
Deadlines vary

3.       Good Housekeeping is sponsoring a non-fiction writing contest about love.
Deadline: September 1, 2014


Feedback

We would love to cheer you on as you reach your writing goals this summer. Feel free to share your goals here on the blog or on our Facebook page. Sometimes, making yourself accountable is all it takes!

~Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder, Nancy! I can't believe June is already over half gone :(
    - Michele

    ReplyDelete